Indianapolis is home to many cool local coffee shops and restaurants. This semester, we tried some that can give you the caffeine boost and even offer great places to study. Here are some of the neat spots we found, all within a 10-minute drive from campus!
The Amp is walking distance from campus. It features 20 vendors with a wide variety including burgers, pastries and poke bowls. For a caffeine boost, try Tinker Coffee. Students get to size up for free! They will also have special menu items for finals week.
- Where: 220 Waterway Blvd.,
- Hours: 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday to Thursday, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday.
Gallery Pastry Bar
Gallery Pastry Bar is a 10-minute drive from campus, located across from Gainbridge Fieldhouse. It has homestyle and breakfast food options, as well as various pastries and drinks. It’s a nice atmosphere to sit and chat with friends, and you can watch bakers decorate the pastries.
- Where: 110 S. Pennsylvania St., Suite B.
- Hours: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday to Thursday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday; closed Mondays.
Lincoln Lane Coffee Co.
Lincoln Lane has various coffee options and pastries, as well as lots of space to hang out with friends or study. It has several games to play and a laundromat attached. It also has a co-working space upstairs, which is $50 a month for students and includes free Lincoln Lane coffee.
- Where: 516 Lincoln St.
- Hours: 8 a.m. to– 3 p.m. Monday to Saturday; closed Sundays.
Parlor Public House
Parlor Public House is a great location to study and get a special seasonal coffee (or handcrafted drinks in the evening). Enjoy the ambiance and greenery downstairs, or find a quiet spot to study upstairs. Students can show their CrimsonCard for a 10% discount.
- Where: 600 E. Ohio St., Suite B.
- Hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Wednesday, 8 a.m. to noon Thursday to Saturday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday; closed Mondays.
Command Coffee is a five-minute drive from campus. It has various coffee drinks, breakfast sandwiches and healthy food options from local businesses. It also features a drive-thru for people on the go.
- Where: 2910 N. College Ave.
- Hours: 4:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday to Friday, 5 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Quills Coffee is right off the canal and is a 10-minute walk from campus. It has lots of study space and serves specialty coffees and pastries. You can buy bags of coffee to take home as well.
- Where: 335 W. Ninth St.
- Hours: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily.
Want to stay up-to-date on more great ideas, college hacks, and things to enjoy? Follow IUPUI on TikTok at @iupui.