Connect with AskHR for human resources support
If you have questions about health care and retirement benefits, jobs at IU, staff policies, or other HR-related topics, look no further than the AskHR Customer Care Team. This dedicated group of professionals from IU Human Resources provides HR services and support for employees and departments across all of IU’s campuses.
Academic and staff employees, residents, student academic appointees, and retirees can turn to AskHR for guidance on:
- Employee benefits, including enrollment, coverage and ID cards.
- Wellness offerings, such as how to access Healthy IU programs and Work + Life resources.
- Workplace mental health resources, including connecting with the employee assistance program.
Staff members can also connect with AskHR for HR-related questions or concerns regarding:
- Employee relations, including leaves, workers’ compensation or policies.
- Employment, such as finding and applying for open positions at IU.
- Compensation, including the job framework and using IU’s Career Navigator tool.
- Training and development, such as signing up for professional development opportunities.
- Seasonal topics, including adverse weather and holiday policies, and year-end reminders.
- Assistance for departments/leaders, such as eDoc submissions, hiring procedures, compliance resources or workplace concerns management.
While AskHR can assist all members of IU’s diverse employee base, academic employees seeking HR-related support for matters beyond benefits and wellness are encouraged to reach out to their campus academic affairs office. This collaborative approach ensures that every member of the IU community receives support tailored to their respective role.
AskHR representatives are available from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday through:
- Email: Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org is the fastest way to get a response.
- Phone: 812-856-1234
- In person: Support is available in Bloomington in the Cyberinfrastructure Building, and in Indianapolis in Bryce Hall.
For additional support, employees are encouraged to visit the IU Human Resources website at hr.iu.edu. Detailed information and answers to many common questions are available on the site.